Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Comments From Alumni

“As a member of JCOC 79, I can attest to the many benefits of this program in conveying the value of the US Military and the US Defense Department. While I have always had great respect for US Military and the job it does in protecting our country, you can be assured that I will use the additional information that I learned and experienced during JCOC 79 in supporting the Defense Department, Special Operations Command and the roles they play defending our nation and its interests.”
--Arthur Savage
JCOC 79

“It was truly a life altering experience that I look forward to sharing with
everyone/anyone who will listen.”
--Elon Boms
JCOC 79

“There are simply no words to express my feelings about the most memorable,
moving, and exciting week of my life.”
--Ted Bell
JCOC 79

“YOU HAVE GIVEN ME MEMORIES TO CHERISH AND STORIES TO TELL FOR A LIFE
TIME. THANK YOU.”
--Steve Weber
JCOC 79

“While it was great fun to ride in the planes and boats and to play with the
"toys", the thing that I will most remember is the skill and dedication of
the military people with whom we interacted.

I have always had great respect for the men and women who so bravely serve
our country but this past week has increased my admiration of them a
thousand fold. Their training and commitment was indeed awe inspiring.”
--Rod Brayman
JCOC 79

“I am, and continue to be, honored by my association with
the men and women and their children of the armed forces. Their sacrifice
is only the tidal pool of a sea of emotions that carry them on the waves of
humanity…

Upon reflection, i am taken by the passion, the determination, the dedication, and the gentleness of our special forces warriors. The way they conduct themselves, express their humanity, and share stories of family stirs the human spirit. I imagine the intense nurturing, high level academic learnings, and the percolation of leadership that enters their world once they enter the event horizon. The remarkable relationships that bind these warriors are linked as closely as the mitochondria of our existence - strong enough to ensure that no one is left behind, no one leaves their wing man, the swift and silent defines the trade, and the skill sets that make up their tool belt is simply unimaginable to most of us walking this planet.”
--Larry Feldman
JCOC 79


“Every time I work out, I, at my age or 76 am consciously trying to look like
a Marine. You have made my life so much fuller and better!!!!”
--Arnold Crane
JCOC 77

“My thought is more of a question. How many of you found "re-entry" into civilian life a bit of a challenge? Sitting on the Acela up to NYC last Friday surrounded by the life that only nine days earlier was mine, I couldn't help but think of the remarkable men and women we met "inside the bubble" of JCOC 76 and how this was not where I belonged. But, the bubble wasn't the Wall St bubble or the Hollywood bubble or even that of the Hill. It was an amazing, humbling bubble of life with our troops. Still now almost five days later, I think how much I miss
those young men and women that we saw so fleetingly.

The story. Master Sergeant Darryl Brown shared with me a story on our leg home that really stuck with me. The 701 AS was tasked for an emergency medivac for a single US Army PFC burn victim. The young soldier in question was burned so badly that he had to be flown directly from Baghdad to Wilford Hall in San Antonio, TX. The entire C-17 was dedicated to this young man. A five man crew, just like we
had. An additional five medical professionals on board for the entire flight. Three mid-air refuelings for the non-stop flight that burned about 350,000 pounds of fuel. We all heard and saw first-hand about the commitment of our soldiers to each other and to our nation. This was the truest example of the senior commander, flag officers and civilian leaders showing their commitment to each and every soldier…”
--David Burke
JCOC 76

No comments: